Re: ZFS v28 is ready for wider testing.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:02:41 +0200
On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 04:50:44PM +0100, Peter Molnar, BSD wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to try ZFS + VirtualBox but I have got problems:
>

> 1) Linux 2.6.32-24-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 20 14:21:58 UTC 2010
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I tried import that file in my  VirtualBox but I have got error:
> Failed to import appliance.
> /home/peter/FreeBSD/zfsv28.ovf
> Too many IDE controllers in OVF; import facility only supports one.

Which VirtualBox version do you use? 3.2.8?

Exporting appliances is a bit broken (if you have more than one disk, it
will point all disks at the last one from configuration), so I had to
edit .ovf file manually to fix this. Maybe I messed something up, but I
was able to successfully import it before publishing it.

PS. I waited for so long for decent virtualization software for FreeBSD,
and I must say VirtualBox is really great, and free, and open-source
Are you reading this, VMWare?

pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org