Re: AR9132 CPU and AR9100 wireless support

From: Tom Judge <tom_at_tomjudge.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:35:47 -0500
On 09/14/2010 04:08 PM, Outback Dingo wrote:
> Ive got some Ubiquiti mips devices id love to get FreeBSD on permanently
> and a Netgear WNDR370, if only we could boot FreeBSD out of redboot
> and flash it to them it would seriously ROCK,

Booting FreeBSD out of redboot should be no problem. I have used the
redboot loader on a Intel NAS to load a FreeBSD kernel and boot
successfully, this was an arm core rather than mips however.

If you have a working redboot you can also use the redboot shell to
flash your kernel (with embedded MFS image) into the SPI part and then
rewrite the load script to boot that.

The debian-installer armel handbook had some useful docs in it for the
platform I was working on, as well as the official redboot site.

Tom