Re: One-shot timer broken on Xen

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:42:45 +0300
Hi.

Bruce Cran wrote:
> I built a new kernel from HEAD on my Xen domU today and found that it
> hung after the following messages:
>
> smist0: <SpeedStep SMI> on cpu0
> device_attach: smist0 attach returned 6
> Device configuration finished.
> procfs registered
> Timecounter "TSC" frequency 2000118476 Hz quality 800
> lapic: Divisor 2, Frequency 50001605 Hz
>
> Setting kern.eventtimer.periodic to 1 allows the system to boot.

This doesn't tells much. What event timers found by the system there and
what of them was used?

Looking on kern.eventtimer.periodic support, I assume you are using HVM?
PV kernel wasn't refactored yet, but I think it would be nice.

May be you could give me an access to some Xen machine?

--
Alexander Motin