RFT: if_ath HAL refactoring

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 00:09:21 +0800
Hi all,

I've uploaded a snapshot of the if_ath HAL which i've been working on.
I've been refactoring out various bits of the AR5416 HAL into
something that resembles the ath9k hardware MAC/PHY operations to make
it easier to port further ath9k updates over. It also includes the
AR9100 support (but it's missing a couple bits of glue needed to use
it outside of my GIT tree.) Finally, it includes the probe/attach
operations for the AR2427, but I haven't at all tested it yet (and
i've explained why it isn't working in a previous email.)

It's available for download at http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/ath/
. There's a diff against src/sys/files/conf and a tarball that just
replaces the ath device/module directory.

Note you'll need to add "device if_ath_pci" to your kernel
configuration file as the PCI bus glue is now not built by default in
a static kernel in this HAL. (It's included in the module Makefile by
default.) This was done to allow multiple backend bus types - now
being PCI and "AHB" for the AR9100 SoC.

I'd appreciate testing by AR5416/AR9160/AR9280/AR9285 users. I only
currently have easy access to AR5416/AR9160. Please let me know
immediately if something doesn't work with this which does work in
-head.

If you're an AR2427 user, I'd appreciate some brief testing with
HAL_DEBUG_ATTACH/HAL_DEBUG_EEPROM enabled (sysctl
hw.ath.hal.debug=0x8002.) I doubt it'll work but it should attach and
then spit out some computetxtime errors. Let me know if that happens
and I'll see about trying to fix that.

Adrian