Error message while updating src for FreeBSD 9 current

From: Ralph Ellis <ralphellis1_at_netscape.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:29:56 -0400
Hi,
I recently upgraded my FreeBSD 8.1 installation to FreeBSD 9 current via
buildworld and buildkernel.  I was able to one general ports, src and
doc update by cvsup but now I am getting the following error message
when I do a src update.

> cvsup srcsupfile
> Connected to cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
>  Edit src/bin/ps/extern.h
> Illegal instruction

I am new to the mailing list. Is this a known error?
Is this an error to do with the source tree or an issue on my end?

  Just for reference, the contents of my supfile are

*default tag=.
*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/var/db
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
src-all
ports-all
doc-all

Thanks in advance for your assistance,