Re: Examining the VM splay tree effectiveness

From: Attilio Rao <attilio_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:05:30 +0200
2010/9/30 Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org>:
> On 30.09.2010 19:24, Roman Divacky wrote:
>>
>> are you aware of Summer of Code 2008 project by Mayur Shardul?
>
> I remember that there was this project but I never saw any numbers
> or other outcome of it.  Haven't checked p4 to look at the code
> though.

The final code (Jeff took Mayur initial patches and further refined)
resulted in a very variadic performance for simple tests, so I think
that the last posted codes had the same performance, overall, than the
splay tree.
I recall, however, that there were still rooms for improvement. Ask
Jeff about the last patches.

Thanks,
Attilio