panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

From: Callum Gibson <callumgibson_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 08:08:15 +1000
Hi,

I have an i386 -current from late Jul 18 which is running in VirtualBox
(on 8.X amd64 host). After a VM reset I seem to have hit a SUJ-related issue.
On boot the system produced a "panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc". Stack trace
below (sorry had to do this as a screenshot - I don't know if you can dump
text any other way):

I took a snapshot with it sitting in DDB but I'm not sure what other
information would be helpful to the FS-meisters. I can even make the whole
snapshot available if someone wants it if you let me know which bits and pieces
are required from the .VirtualBox directory.

I booted into single user to fsck / and asked to use the journal and it
found no issues. Them ee-fscking without using the journal found an unref
file and some other errors. After that the system could boot normally.

Callum Gibson _at_ home
http://members.optusnet.com.au/callumgibson/