Re: Using Instruction Pointer address in debug interfaces [Was: Re: vm_page_t related KBI [Was: Re: panic at vm_page_wire with FreeBSD 9.0 Beta 3]]

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:02:57 +0200
on 02/12/2011 03:04 Arnaud Lacombe said the following:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> on 14/11/2011 02:38 Arnaud Lacombe said the following:
>>> you (committers)
>>
>> I wonder how it would work out if you were made a committer and couldn't say
>> "you (committers)" any more... :-)
>>
> The real question is rather whether or not I would accept such a role,
[*]

That would be solely up to you.

> or better, would I ever be proposed such a role ?

That's up to you, current committers and core.

> I doubt someone praising the Bazaar, openly challenging core and
> historical members, would fit in the Cathedral, even if my work is
> only ever gonna be in the `projects/' subdirectory.

Your ideals are not that important if you are useful to the project, follow its
policies and can get along with other developers.   And challenging is a healthy
thing as long as it stays constructive and focused on the code, not on the
persons/personalities.

[*] - I still think that what I asked was _the_ real question.
If you want just to show off and keep pointing out how them committers are not
worthy instead of nicely cooperating with them, then "you" and "committers" will
always be apart, I'd guess.

--
Andriy Gapon