Re: Using Instruction Pointer address in debug interfaces [Was: Re: vm_page_t related KBI [Was: Re: panic at vm_page_wire with FreeBSD 9.0 Beta 3]]

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:01:06 -0800
On 12/1/11 5:04 PM, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Andriy Gapon<avg_at_freebsd.org>  wrote:
>> on 14/11/2011 02:38 Arnaud Lacombe said the following:
>>> you (committers)
>> I wonder how it would work out if you were made a committer and couldn't say
>> "you (committers)" any more... :-)
>>
> The real question is rather whether or not I would accept such a role,
> or better, would I ever be proposed such a role ?
>
> I doubt someone praising the Bazaar, openly challenging core and
> historical members, would fit in the Cathedral, even if my work is
> only ever gonna be in the `projects/' subdirectory.

That's really funny.. we are the bazaar.  Any developer can pretty
quickly get to be
a committer (*) and after mentorship (6 months) can commit to any part
of the code.
  Linux is the catherderal.
It has a pope, a whole array of bishops and then priests and finally
millions of serfs.

(*) we propose people to get commit bits on how useful they seem to be
rather that their political views.