Re: WITHOUT_PROFILE=yes by default

From: Lucas Holt <luke_at_foolishgames.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:11:43 -0500
What if it was still included in tinderbox builds and releases. For the latter, the profiled versions could be in a separate distribution set much like doc or games.  The ugly part is freebsd-update..

It could still be off by default in the buildworld as anyone smart enough to do source upgrades can toggle something in src.conf.

This should make lazy devs happy, speed up build times for those upset about that, etc. it sucks for RE though.

I was taught to use gprof in college and it was nice using the same tool on school sun and Linux boxes as well as my own iBook and FreeBSD desktop.

This might be a fair compromise for now with a EOL date in a future release. At some point I assume dropping gnu tools with llvm transition makes sense

Lucas Holt