Re: Sil3124 + Sil4726 PortMultipier and FreeBSD9

From: Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus_at_eternamente.info>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 00:46:51 -0200
On Sun, December 4, 2011 00:32, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Why not just run FreeNAS?

thanks for the tip on FreeNAS, as others said too.

will it run some other services, as http server for some stuff (wiki for example), edonkey and
torrent clients, and some other stuff ? (I will visit the FreeNAS site and try to figure out)

although it would solve the problem on configuring the box, I still have the doubts on the port
multiplier being usefull on it, as FreeNAS will end on FreeBSD :)

this port multiplier will work ok ? On Sil3124 and which others ?

the tip on FreeNAS was great, but my main concern here is the sata hardware compatibility. I'd
like to buy it knowing it will work :)

thanks,

matheus

--