Re: Sil3124 + Sil4726 PortMultipier and FreeBSD9

From: Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus_at_eternamente.info>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 01:21:53 -0200
On Sun, December 4, 2011 00:46, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:

> On Sun, December 4, 2011 00:32, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> Why not just run FreeNAS?
>
> thanks for the tip on FreeNAS, as others said too.
>
> will it run some other services, as http server for some stuff (wiki for example), edonkey and
> torrent clients, and some other stuff ? (I will visit the FreeNAS site and try to figure out)
>
> although it would solve the problem on configuring the box, I still have the doubts on the port
> multiplier being usefull on it, as FreeNAS will end on FreeBSD :)
>
> this port multiplier will work ok ? On Sil3124 and which others ?
>
> the tip on FreeNAS was great, but my main concern here is the sata hardware compatibility. I'd
> like to buy it knowing it will work :)
>
> thanks,
>
> matheus

http://www.freenas.org/category/version-comparison

unfortunately FreeNAS 8 won't be happy with less than 4GB RAM (I have 2GB on both hardware), and
version 8 won't have http and torrent :(

so far, I'll do as today and run FreeBSD 9 on its original form :)

still looking for the port multiplier case, though.

thanks,

matheus