Re: CVS removal from the base

From: Roman Kurakin <rik_at_inse.ru>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 20:46:01 +0400
Christian Laursen wrote:
> On 12/04/11 01:25, Doug Barton wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> Replying to a somewhat random mail in this thread.
>
> Has anyone considerede that the people actually using CVS for getting
> the source might be somewhat overrepresented on freebsd-current?
Probably you are right. I guess I would never use CVS if I wouldn't be a
software developer
and was not able to fix smth by my self. But as a developer I like to
see the tool I got accustomed
out of the box as it was to for many years. Especially after I've
started to help to friends working in
companies with restricted Internet access or detached systems. I've
started to hate most of linux
distributions since they do not have almost any tool for digging and
solving problems. But
with FreeBSD I even can solve the problem from my seat just giving
instructions by phone or
skype.

rik