Re: CVS removal from the base

From: Christian Laursen <xi_at_borderworlds.dk>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 16:03:17 +0100
On 12/04/11 01:25, Doug Barton wrote:

[snip]

Replying to a somewhat random mail in this thread.

Has anyone considerede that the people actually using CVS for getting
the source might be somewhat overrepresented on freebsd-current?

If I had to guess, the average user is using either freebsd-update or
csup (or even cvsup) to update a freshly installed system. Those that
need the added flexibility provided by using CVS directly should be
fully able to install it using pkg_add.

Personally I pkg_add screen on new systems before doing anything else. I
have never considered that a problem.

I use CVS myself from time to time, but I see no need for it to be in
base for that reason.

BTW. I think the bikeshed should be painted blue.

--
Christian Laursen