Re: [RFC] winbond watchdog driver for FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/amd64

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:17:06 +0000
On 7. Dec 2011, at 09:29 , Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 03:32:41PM -0700, Xin LI wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to request for comments on the attached driver, which supports
>> watchdogs on several Winbond super I/O chip models and have been tested
>> on a few of recent Supermicro motherboards.
>
> Is there any reason this is not yet committed? Please commit, pretty
> please.

Yes we have 2+ of them and are trying to merge.  The other one sits here
and allows you even longer timeouts as well as time setting the timeout
independent of watchdogd in case you have two watchdogs and want to do tricks
like NMI/reset with the other one... but is lacking the man page yet.
I have added another one or two IC revisions I think that I had found
and tested privately.

http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/patch-20110710-03-wbwd.diff

/bz

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.