Re: Removal of sysinstall from HEAD and lack of a post-install configuration tool

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 11:29:32 -0800
On 12/27/2011 03:48, Lawrence Stewart wrote:
> On the topic of Doug's actual question, I see minimal sense in
> resurrecting sysinstall in head now. I would suggest it be done much
> closer to (say, 6 months before) the 10.0 release cycle, if no suitable
> post-installation configuration tool has materialised.

My concern about that approach is that 9.0 hasn't even been released yet
and we've already seen changes that are going to make it hard to
resurrect sysinstall if that's the decision we come to. Waiting another
year or 2 would make it impossible.

Doug

--

	You can observe a lot just by watching.	-- Yogi Berra