Re: HEADS UP: Merge of binutils 2.17

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:00:51 +0100
On 2011-01-07 21:57, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> For some time, I have been working on importing a newer version of
> binutils into -current.  This updates our quite ancient 2.15 version to
> the last version available under GPLv2, 2.17.50.

The binutils 2.17 project branch has been cooking for quite some time,
and it now seems ready for merging into head.  Thanks to Erwin Lansing,
who performed multiple exp-runs, a few remaining issues with ports have
been fixed (or will be fixed very soon).

So I plan to merge the binutils-2.17 project branch to head this
weekend, if there are no further objections.  If you have found a
showstopper bug, please let me know ASAP. :)