HEADSUP: BSD iconv coming to the base system with default off

From: Gabor Kovesdan <gabor_at_kovesdan.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:40:48 +0000
Hi Folks,

I've got some time again to keep working on iconv. The last time I
posted a patch, there were problems with some ports but apart from this
it proved to be quite mature, so I decided to commit it to the base
system but the default setting will be disabled. It can be enabled by
setting the WITH_ICONV knob but whoever does it will take into account
that it may break some ports from being built. However, this change will
help me with future work and will also help interested people in getting
involved in the testing. The rather big changeset is coming soon.

Regards,
Gabor Kovesdan