Re: named crashes on assertion in rbtdb.c on sparc64/SMP

From: Marius Strobl <marius_at_alchemy.franken.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 21:32:36 +0200
On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 11:17:20PM +0400, KOT MATPOCKuH wrote:
> 2011/7/8 Marius Strobl <marius_at_alchemy.franken.de>:
>
> > Please try the following:
> > a) Instead of the base BIND use the dns/bind96 port. The native build
> > ? of the latter defaults to not using the ISC atomic implementation
> > ? on sparc64 (and arm) and should properly enable the alternative. I
> > ? can at least start named from bind96-9.6.3.1.ESV.R4.3 with the default
> > ? configuration on -CURRENT without problems.
> dns/bind96? Why not bind98?

In order to have a result which can be compared with the base BIND.
Whether bind98 works or works without the ISC atomic operations says
nothing about the bind96 port or the base version.

> As I see dns/bind98 configures without atomic swap operations.
> I will try to use dns/bind98 at first :)
>
> > b) Revert the above patch and try the base bind with the following
> > ? (third) patch:
> > ? http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/sparc64_isc_atomic.h.diff2
> > ? That one adds the memory barriers required for reference counting
> > ? albeit in a sledgehammer-like fashion as the ISC atomic API doesn't
> > ? allow to distinguish between acquire and release semantics.
>
> Hmmm... With this patch build fails:

Oops, sorry, I forgot to revert the previous patch when test-compiling.
Please re-fetch sparc64_isc_atomic.h.diff2 and try again.

Marius