Re: Heavy I/O blocks FreeBSD box for several seconds

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:13:22 -0700
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 05:50:44PM -0400, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Steve Kargl
> > <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> >> As a long time GCC committer, I think that you have grossly
> >> over-simplified the GCC review process and how a submitted
> >> patch is approved for committing.
> >>
> > Yes.
> >
> Just to provide information more information than these sterile mails,
> here is the gcc contribution guidelines:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

Which if one reads, one finds http://gcc.gnu.org/svnwrite.html#policies

  Localized write permission.

  This is for people who have primary responsibility for ports, front
  ends, or other specific aspects of the compiler.  These folks are
  allowed to make changes to areas they maintain and related
  documentation, web pages, and test cases without approval from anyone
  else, and approve other people's changes in those areas.  They must
  get approval for changes elsewhere in the compiler.

--
Steve