Re: ports/158179: some packages do not fully honor -P dir option in pkg_add(1)

From: Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen_at_missouri.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 21:43:42 -0500
I was looking through the source code of pkg_add.  Personally I don't
see how the "-P" or "-p" option could be made to work with pkg_add.
Many of the installation commands involve scripts which have ${PREFIX}
hard coded into them.  ${PREFIX} is often hard coded when trhe package
is created by the port.  In my opinion, the options "-p" and "-P" should
be removed from pkg_add.

Either that, or provide the port a way to access "_at_cwd" in any scripts
it installs.  But this would require a major overhaul of the whole ports
system, and probably much of the software it installs as well.

Am I missing something?

Stephen