Re: Trying to install current from a memory stick and then a DVD and got a new and strange installer.

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 02:03:12 +0100
On 25/07/2011 00:03, Ron McDowell wrote:
> 1) no "back" button/selection/mechanism on each screen.   Rebooting
> because I fat-fingered something on the previous screen is, well,
> unacceptable.
> 2) no "minimal" install.  Most of my installs are single- or few-task
> servers where I need a base os and a couple ports.
> 3) I see no "post-install" uses on the new one.  Sysinstall could be
> used on an up-and-running system to do everything from adding a user
> to changing a nameserver and more.

Another potential problem is that the new version of libdialog that the
new installer uses changes the way navigation is done: on Linux and in
the previous version on FreeBSD it's possible to press <Tab> to change
focus to the buttons and different UI elements. That doesn't work any more.

--
Bruce Cran