Re: Trying to install current from a memory stick and then a DVD and got a new and strange installer.

From: Warren Block <wblock_at_wonkity.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 08:06:04 -0600 (MDT)
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> on 25/07/2011 07:47 Warren Block said the following:
>> 2.  The options don't always really apply.  Create when ad0 is highlighted leads
>> the user to think they can create a new device, like ad1.  But it will really
>> create another partition.  Delete on ad0 deletes all the partitions, not ad0.
>> No warning, either.
>
> Are you sure about this one?
> I have never expected that any installer would be able to create or delete
> hardware (a hard disk) in my computer.

"Device" as in entry in /dev.

It's a little blurrier than that.  With no partitioning scheme, Create
makes one, having the user select the type.  After that, it creates new
partitions.

Having messed with this editor more, I can make it work and see the
intent of the user interface.  I wish I could suggest a good way to make
it more clear, but can't quite get my brain around it right now.