Re: recovering data from a RAID1 array from a single disk on a different system

From: Ian FREISLICH <ianf_at_clue.co.za>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:40:18 +0200
Alban Hertroys wrote:
> On 28 Jul 2011, at 21:13, Lee Whalen wrote:
>
> I'm no expert, but I'll add my insights regardless ;)
>
> > 1. Using CCD or one of the other utilities, I need to add this USB-caged
> > disk into a temporary RAID-1 array in a 'degraded' state so FreeBSD sees
>
> As far as I know, CCD (concatenated disk) can not do mirroring, so
> your RAID-1 disk won't be created using CCD.

If it's a ccd, just configure a 1 disk mirror using ccdconfig.  See
ccdconfig(8) for more info.

But it sounds like this may be some proprietry RAID format used by
the controller in the NAS device.  Often the controller doesn't
actually do the RAID, so the OP might have some success using
ataraid(4) to attach the disks.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich