Re: udav: vendor 0x0fe6, product: 0x9700

From: Luiz Gustavo S. Costa <lgcosta_at_pfsense.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:17:44 -0300
Hi Rick,

2011/6/10 Rick van der Zwet <info_at_rickvanderzwet.nl>:
> On 10 June 2011 14:17, Luiz Gustavo S. Costa <lgcosta_at_pfsense.org> wrote:
>> I'm trying to add a new product id [1] to the driver udav and am
>> having a little trouble.
>>
>> At first, this is similar to id 0x8180 and there should be no
>> problems, but I still can not get a PHY for it.
>
> Assuming you mean 0x8181 --looking at your patch-- How do you know
> they have similar chip-sets? Can you get the full interface
> description list for both to see if they have the same endpoints:
>    usbconfig dump_all_config_desc

Yes... I will find here the link that describes this:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.38.y.git;a=commit;h=67158cebde60edb1a11cf4743f1cb9ded847c5fc

>> Can someone help me?
>>About adapter:
>> [1] http://www.luizgustavo.pro.br/~lgcosta/jp1080/
>
> Looking at the picture these kind of USB dongles (various chipsets)
> tend to die. I suspect the build quality is not that great. Just
> checking you did check it the device is functioning properly using the
> official (linux) drivers?

Yes, it's a very cheap adapter, can be found on ebay easily.

And yes, he normally works in linux, I am posting a link to the code
and it is observed, the only difference are exactly the entries "id"
of the product.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.38.y.git;a=blob;f=drivers/net/usb/dm9601.c;h=5002f5be47be7dcbd95e0fd9cee2a80910046a81;hb=HEAD

> Br. /Rick
> --
> http://rickvanderzwet.nl

Thanks

--
  /\             Luiz Gustavo S. Costa
 /  \            Programmer at BSD Perimeter