Re: rc.d script to load kernel modules

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:51:13 -0700
On 6/12/2011 1:56 AM, Jason Hellenthal wrote:

> Cutting modules out of the kernel in general does help speed up booting
> but loading those same modules later in the boot process will just lead
> you back to the same boot time.

disk after the system is partially booted. (As in, 2-3 seconds per
module vs. nearly instantaneous for all 6.)

I didn't offer my list as an example of what to do, I offered it as a
syntax example. I would of course expect people to use appropriate
discretion to load things in loader.conf that are necessary for boot.
(Of course, the fact that people can easily get this wrong is a strike
against the technique.)

There is no point in having an _enable for this script because if the
kld_list is empty, nothing happens.

			-- OK Go