Re: SUJ progress report

From: Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:52:10 +0200
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:19:36 -1000 (HST)
Jeff Roberson <jroberson_at_jroberson.net> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Kirk, Peter and I have been working hard on SUJ.  We still have a few bugs
> related to snapshots but we fixed the couple of potential corruption
> problems that came up over the last year.  If you are not currently using
> SUJ I implore you to do so and report any problems you may find..  We need
> to get better coverage if we are going to enable it for 9.0 which I think
> everyone would like to see.
>
> I will send another update when it is safe to use SUJ + snapshots.

All I can say is that I've been using SUJ since day one and it's saved
my bacon any number of times.

In the last week alone I've had to reset my box 4 times due to hangs in
X and it sure was nice having SUJ recover my file systems in fractions
of a minute rather than waiting 30 minutes for fsck.

--
Gary Jennejohn