Re: Exactly that commit (was Re: Latest -current 100% hang at the late boot stage)

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 23:19:38 -0700
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Andrey Chernov <ache_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Remove cd/acd from your kernel config to see if that allows
>> you to boot?
>
> I unplug DVDs physically and kernel finally boots!
> BTW both DVDs was empty during the hanged boot and works normally under
> Win7.

Put a DVD in each of the drives, like so:

Case 1:
- Drive one populated.
- Drive two empty.

Case 2:
- Drive one empty.
- Drive two populated.

Case 3:
- Drive one populated.
- Drive two populated.

See what happens. I've run into issues with FreeBSD in the past with
some motherboards / drives / BIOSes where things were hung up unless I
put a DVD in my drive (or vice versa) because of cd(4)/cam(4).
Thanks,
-Garrett