Re: Exactly that commit (was Re: Latest -current 100% hang at the late boot stage)

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:42:30 +0400
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:19:38PM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Andrey Chernov <ache_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> >> Remove cd/acd from your kernel config to see if that allows
> >> you to boot?
> >
> > I unplug DVDs physically and kernel finally boots!
> > BTW both DVDs was empty during the hanged boot and works normally under
> > Win7.
>
> Put a DVD in each of the drives, like so:
>
> Case 1:
> - Drive one populated.
> - Drive two empty.
>
> Case 2:
> - Drive one empty.
> - Drive two populated.
>
> Case 3:
> - Drive one populated.
> - Drive two populated.
>
> See what happens. I've run into issues with FreeBSD in the past with
> some motherboards / drives / BIOSes where things were hung up unless I
> put a DVD in my drive (or vice versa) because of cd(4)/cam(4).

I test both DVD inside case and it hangs.

Moreover, with both DVD inside DVD devices are even not detected at all as
previously (the machine hangs even earlier).
And I have messages I don't see before:
"run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for
xpt_config"
"run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 120 seconds for
xpt_config"
and so on.

--
http://ache.vniz.net/