Fwd: stop scheduler in panic context

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:37:24 +0300
I would like to ask for testing of the following patch.
Since the patch affects panic(9) context, then obviously its testing requires
getting some sort of panic, and preferably some sort of "post-panic" activity too:
doing something in kdb, dumping a core (via debugger command or in unattended
mode), resetting a machine finally.

At minimum I hope that no regressions are introduced.
At maximum I hope that some things are improved like, e.g., crash dump succeeding
where it failed before (PR amd64/139614).

The patch is for recent head/CURRENT.  It mostly affects SMP systems, but also has
a smaller impact on UP systems.
I can try to adapt it to stable/8, if sufficient interest arises.
Please see the following message for the patch and some more details.