Re: please (re) test if_ath in -HEAD

From: Urankar Mikael <mikael.urankar_at_ujf-grenoble.fr>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:30:34 +0100
On Sat 05 March 2011 at 03:27:48AM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Absolutely! Let me know if I've broken anything!
>
> Adrian
>
> On 5 March 2011 00:45, Urankar Mikael <mikael.urankar_at_ujf-grenoble.fr>wrote:
>
> > On Thu 03 March 2011 at 02:31:05PM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > For those of you who are testing out my if_ath changes, I'd really
> > > appreciate it if you'd update to -HEAD and re-test.
> > >
> > > I've done a variety of changes to the radio setup and found/fixed a few
> > bugs
> > > in the TX path. It's quite possible these have introduced regressions.
> > I'd
> > > like to make sure that I haven't broken legacy (11abg) support in
> > > weird/wonderful ways. I'd also like to make sure that I haven't
> > > broken/changed the behaviour or performance of the NICs in any way.
> > >
> > > Please give things a good thrashing and let me know the results.
> > >
> > > I'm still working towards debugging and enabling basic 11n support, but I
> > > need to first make sure that I haven't broken legacy operation in any
> > way.
> > >

> > Are you interested by tests on an old atheros card (Atheros 5212, AR2413
> > mac 7.9 RF2413 phy 4.5) ?

Everything seems to work fine, performances are as good as before.
I'm only doing basic stuff with this card (mostly web surfing), I'm
connected to an AP with WPA encryption. If you want me to test other
encryption or setup an AP with this card or whatever, feel free to ask.

And thanks for you work !