Re: can somebody explains OFDM in FreeBSD?

From: Etienne Robillard <erob_at_gthcfoundation.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:11:22 -0500
On 06/03/11 10:01 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> OpenBSD has driver support for OFDM chips. Anything that speaks 11a, 11g or
> 11n == OFDM.
>
> You'd have to speak to an RF related person about your definition of
> harmful. I mean, think about it - 802.11 devices are supposed to give off
> EMR that a receiver can decode. So your question about whether OFDM being
> harmful requires more context, as unlike wired solutions (say wired
> ethernet) which may give off EMR which could then be snooped, 802.11 is
> supposed to be received through EMF. :)
>
> Also, that paper you referenced talks about ERLANG, it doesn't mention OFDM
> anywhere.
>
> HTH,
>

> Adrian

Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing:
https://gthc.org/investigations/OFDM/72_armstrong_ofdm.pdf

_at_Diane:

I'm worried from a amateur computer scientist point-of-view about the
harmfulness
of EMF fields; in particular the ELF/VLF frequencies as defined in OFDM,
for operating WLAN devices as 'ethernet-class subcarriers'..

Kind regards,

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob_at_gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy