Re: can somebody explains OFDM in FreeBSD?

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky_at_c2i.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:36:39 +0100
On Sunday 06 March 2011 18:19:31 Etienne Robillard wrote:
> On 06/03/11 11:58 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> yes, the difference with 'software OFDM' and hardware OFDM - as in
> run(4) - is the latter
> exploits 'objects' and 'peoples' as subcarriers units with
> "bi-directional data" when
> software OFDM could be used to securely convert the raw ELF/VLF energy
> input to
> a external server (the Power Server)..
>
> could then this not require a security advisory for hardware OFDM devices
> circulating in the wild to boost 802.11 'speeds' and 'ranges' ?

Hi Etienne,

I think you are reading too much into too little and that further discussion
into the details you suggest is not appropriate for this list. I believe that
developers on the -current list are serious people, wanting to remove problems
in this world rather than create them. Exploits are possible when the
developers are not given enough time to research good solutions. Maybe you
want to support FreeBSD developers by donating some money via the FreeBSD
foundation, so that we can do a better job, removing your fears of software
exploits in interaction with humans :-)

--HPS

BTW: Our slogan is "The power to serve" and not "the power server" :-)