Re: can somebody explains OFDM in FreeBSD?

From: Etienne Robillard <erob_at_gthcfoundation.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 15:42:58 -0500
On 06/03/11 12:36 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Sunday 06 March 2011 18:19:31 Etienne Robillard wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/11 11:58 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>

>> yes, the difference with 'software OFDM' and hardware OFDM - as in
>> run(4) - is the latter
>> exploits 'objects' and 'peoples' as subcarriers units with
>> "bi-directional data" when
>> software OFDM could be used to securely convert the raw ELF/VLF energy
>> input to
>> a external server (the Power Server)..
>>
>> could then this not require a security advisory for hardware OFDM devices
>> circulating in the wild to boost 802.11 'speeds' and 'ranges' ?
>>
> Hi Etienne,
>
> I think you are reading too much into too little and that further discussion
> into the details you suggest is not appropriate for this list. I believe that
> developers on the -current list are serious people, wanting to remove problems
> in this world rather than create them. Exploits are possible when the
> developers are not given enough time to research good solutions. Maybe you
> want to support FreeBSD developers by donating some money via the FreeBSD
> foundation, so that we can do a better job, removing your fears of software
> exploits in interaction with humans :-)
>
> --HPS
>
> BTW: Our slogan is "The power to serve" and not "the power server" :-)

I've put a wiki page for anyone interested in the topic of building a
OFDM-based kernel here:

https://gthc.org/wiki/FreeBSD/OFDM_Kernel

and I still think hardware OFDM is inherently insecure as-is in FreeBSD
even if not everyone
seems to agree or willing to debate the idea with strong arguments to
prove the contrary.

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob_at_gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy