Re: r219385 build error.

From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 23:29:22 +0200
On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 11:19:40PM +0200, George Liaskos wrote:
> >What process did you follow to get here?
>
> I did a make toolchain followed by make buildworld.
>
> > that's because the latest gcc commits have support for core2 and thus it no
> > longer is being expanded to nocona. please note that having core2 in make.conf
> > has always been *wrong*. hence the need to reset it to nocona.
> > the best way to fix this would be to set CPUYTYPE?=native. if you want core2
> > support now's the chance to actually get it. just update world and you can use
> > CPUTYPE?=core2 and this time it *really* is supported. ;)
>
> I saw the relevant commits about core2, this is the reason i decided
> to do a rebuild.
> I didn't know that core2 was wrong, it's in the make.conf
> documentation, "native" it's not and after serious googling i found
> out that i should actually avoid it.
>
> I always believed that core2 was there [make.conf] as a future proof
> upgrade path for when the base toolchain actually supports core2.
>
> So, should i use native cputype?

You did not shown the actual point where the error was raised.
Applying some psychic powers, I could guess that it happens at the
bootstrap stage. And this would be reasonable indeed, since bootstrap
needs to use the system compiler, until the new cross toolchain is
ready. And obviously system compiler not yet supports -march=core2,
since you are only compiling the code that supports.

Of course, all this assuming that error indeed happens at bootstrap,
and the referenced commit does not introduce regressions, which I
think is the case.

I believe the solution for you would be to remove any CPU model settings
from make.conf, make and install new world, then try new buildworld
with desired settings. As a side note, I do not believe that you would
get any measurable changes.