I want to put together a new server with 9.0 that I will use as a prototype

From: eculp <eculp_at_encontacto.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:27:08 -0500
I want to put together a new server with 9.0  that I will use as a
prototype for hardware and OS updating.  By the time I finish I'm sure
9 will be out;) I will use them to replace my 7.4 servers.

The only doubt that I have relates to disks.  I would like to use GPT
and ZFS for the disks and have never used either but my real concern
is ZFS and problems that I could have due to my ignorance in choosing
the correct configuration for installing and then maintaining once in
production.  I like to think that I am not a total idiot and should be
able to.  I am also concerned with ZFS life expectancy (oracle).  I'm
assuming the GPT will be around for a while and don't see it as a
problem.

I would appreciate any support as to any errors my logic and which ZFS
setup is the most practical, up-time and maintenance wise.  If there
is something better that I've missed, I would love to here it.  ZFS is
my "raid" solution and I find it cool.

Thanks for any and all suggestions, slaps on the wrist, etc, etc.

ed