Re: [ECFT] pkgng 0.1-alpha1: a replacement for pkg_install

From: Jason Helfman <jhelfman_at_e-e.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:55:49 -0700
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 04:18:24PM +0000, Julien Laffaye thus spake:
>On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Pietro Cerutti <gahr_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 2011-Mar-25, 17:04, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>>>
>>> if you are going to test on current please notice that make install
>>> will overwrite /usr/lib/libpkg so pkg_* tools won't work anymore.
>>>
>>> We will workaround that later by renaming our lib libpkgng for the test phase.
>>>
>>> But I won't be able to do that before monday.
>>
>> I was: http://people.freebsd.org/~gahr/pkgng-0.1-alpha1.diff
>
>Commited! Thanks!

It would be great to be able to have a repo and all of the functionality of
this tool against an internal portstree/INDEX supported, as well.

We have an internal portstree that we don't update on a daily basis, however
we do have a local category as part of the standard portstree. We are able
to build an INDEX off of this combination and support Tinderbox package
building and updating from this INDEX that has the entire tree.

 From what I read, it appears that support is already present, but not
absolutely certain.

Looking forward to testing :)
-jgh