Re: Getting /usr/src/ from SVN directly?

From: Erik Trulsson <ertr1013_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 20:56:45 +0100
On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 10:31:39AM -0700, Nerius Landys wrote:
> > one could also use the -F switch in connection with mergemaster(8).
>
> >From mergemaster manpage:
>
> "If the files differ only by VCS Id ($FreeBSD) install the new file."
>
> Yes that is exactly what I want, thanks.
>
> By the way, are there any other ways that are more preferred to get
> /usr/src/ than doing what I've done, which is using
> devel/subversion-freebsd to checkout head into /usr/src/?

No, that is probably the best way.

An older method (which still works) is to use csup/cvsup to download a
local copy of the whole CVS repository and then use cvs to checkout
/usr/src from this copy.
Before the switch to subversion this was the preferred way.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson