Re: SUJ Bugs

From: Lucius Windschuh <lwindschuh_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:58:55 +0200
Hi Jeff,
I still have the problem that filesystem I/O from programs stalls
while there is disk activity about every second on a SUJ volume (now
with 4k block size, -CURRENT r219341, i386). It was reported earlier
on, there were fixes, and the problem happens really seldomly (which
makes it hard to reproduce :-( ).
After rebooting because even the shutdown doesn't complete in time
(with X running, I can't see why), the used recovered journal's size
is the full 32 MB, but with very little used blocks in it (<10%).

If I encounter it again, I can give you more details on the kernel's state.

Lucius