ZFS install from -CURRENT snapshot

From: Daniel Staal <DStaal_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 20:16:37 -0400
Ok, I think I've figured this out, but I want some confirmation before I
start playing with actual hardware...

The install steps on <http://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot> no
longer appear to apply.  The /dist/ directory doesn't exist on any of the
current snapshots, so the actual install process given in that page can't
work.

Am I correct in guessing that the /usr/freebsd_dist/ directory has replaced
it in some form?  Also, instead of sub-folders with install scripts, there
are tarballs, which I assume are extracted over the new filesystem?  Then
any necessary pre-boot configuration would be done.  (Anything special need
mention beyond what is on the page above?)

If there's a doc someplace on this, feel free to point me to it.

I just want a sanity-check before I dive in headfirst...

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.