Re: ZFS install from -CURRENT snapshot

From: Scott Lambert <lambert_at_lambertfam.org>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 23:08:00 -0500
On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 08:16:37PM -0400, Daniel Staal wrote:

> Ok, I think I've figured this out, but I want some confirmation before I
> start playing with actual hardware...
>
> The install steps on <http://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot> no
> longer appear to apply.  The /dist/ directory doesn't exist on any of the
> current snapshots, so the actual install process given in that page can't
> work.

<snip>

> If there's a doc someplace on this, feel free to point me to it.
>
> I just want a sanity-check before I dive in headfirst...

If you want to end up with a mirrored ZFS only setup, have you seen ?

  http://blogs.freebsdish.org/pjd/2010/08/06/from-sysinstall-to-zfs-only-configuration/

That one was pretty straight-forward for me.  You get to use
sysinstall and don't have to manually install the OS.

lambert_at_lambertfam.org