Re: Is fork() hook ever possible?

From: David Schultz <das_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 00:49:29 -0500
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> In case you mean passing later whole structure like:
>
> arc4_addrandom((u_char *)&rdat, sizeof(rdat));
>
> it will be incorrect because it change known algorithm parameters, which
> defines exact 128 bytes and not anything else.

No, RC4 keys are anything up to 256 bytes.

I think what you really want is a union in any case, but relax.
arc4_stir() works right now, so I think it can stay as is until
we're ready to make further functional changes, e.g., getting
entropy from the KERN_ARND sysctl.  But that's complicated by
the fact that KERN_ARND won't tell you if it has failed to produce
any useful entropy, and I won't have the cycles to look into it for
a little while.