Re: Adding disk firmware programming capability to camcontrol

From: Pegasus Mc Cleaft <ken_at_mthelicon.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:54:49 +0000
Hi Nima,

	I have tried your latest patch against current, but I am having difficulty
getting it to work. I was wondering, is this feature limited to SCSI drives?
I have been trying it against my SATA drives but it looks like it is failing
on issuing a TUR.

IE:

feathers# camcontrol fwdownload ada5 -f JP0NB3MA.BD -s -v
Running in simulation mode
camcontrol: Device is not ready
(pass5:ahcich4:0:0:0): TEST UNIT READY. CDB: 0 0 0 0 0 0
(pass5:ahcich4:0:0:0): CAM status: CCB request was invalid
Firmware download failed

I have tried issuing a TUR to all my drives to see if it was controller or
drive specific, but all of them return the same error (The drives are Seagate,
Hitachi and WD).

What am I doing wrong?

Ta
Peg