RE: Adding disk firmware programming capability to camcontrol

From: Nima Misaghian <nmisaghian_at_sandvine.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:47:41 +0000
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. As I mentioned in the man page, the fwdownload command currently only supports SCSI disks.

"fwdownload: Program firmware of the named <<SCSI>> device using the image file provided."

We have added firmware download command to atacontrol at work, for which I have attached a patch against 8.2 to this email.

The format of the command is similar to the camcontrol counterpart:

atacontrol fwdownload <device_name> <path_to_image_file>

But ultimately we would like to add the support to program ATA/SATA disks to camcontrol as well.

Nima Misaghian
nmisaghian_at_sandvine.com