Re: RFC: Project geom-events

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 00:11:44 +0400
Hello, Freddie.
You wrote 4 октября 2011 г., 22:12:32:

> Sounds impressive!  Will be very useful for those using GEOM-based
> RAID (gmirror, gstripe, graid3, graid5, etc).

> Just curious:  would the geom-events framework, and in particular
> the geom-events script, be useful for ZFS setups, for initiating
> replacements and providing "hot-spare" support?
  Script is configurable enough to adapt for any component removal and insertion command. ZFS needs to send proper event (with pool name in question, instead of GEOM name, for example), and some commands should be added to config file for "zfs" type of GEOM, but, I think, as ZFS has extensive userland library, zfsd solution could be better for ZFS.

  But anyway, I don't want to touch any ZFS sources, as they are very complicated.

  But I open for suggestions from ZFS team, of course.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>