Re: MPSAFE tty and lastcomm output

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:46:10 +0200
Hi <name>,

* poyopoyo_at_puripuri.plala.or.jp <poyopoyo_at_puripuri.plala.or.jp>, 20111011 14:20:
> It looks stored accounting information is correct, but lastcomm failed
> to represent device name gently after it has been destroyed.

Yes, exactly. Our struct acct uses a dev_t to store the controlling TTY.
This is obviously completely broken on 8+, because we garbage collect
pseudo-terminals. Still, one could argue it has always been broken,
because even before the new TTY layer it would break when unplugging
USB-to-serial converters or performing a reboot.

I think the only way to fix this, is by updating the acct structure to
write a string representation of the device name.

Best regards,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/