Re: System headers with clang?

From: Matt Thyer <matt.thyer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 04:16:43 +1030
On Oct 12, 2011 3:25 AM, "Larry Rosenman" <ler_at_lerctr.org> wrote:

> I didn't say bug for bug, just not generate stupid errors like the ffs
one.
> --
>
> Chuck Swiger <cswiger_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
> On Oct 11, 2011, at 6:59 AM, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> > We will NOT support clang as the compiler for lsof unless the system
headers work the same way as gcc's do.

> That apparently means you won't support clang then, because it's not
intended to be (or ever going to be) fully bug-for-bug "compatible" with
GCC. In this case, at least, clang is reporting legitimate issues which
should be fixed, even if folks continue to build lsof with GCC from now
until the end of days.

The elegant solution would be to avoid this problem altogether by
re-implementation of lsof using interfaces into the kernel that provide the
required information.

bsdof anyone?