Re: System headers with clang?

From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:50:40 -0700
On Oct 11, 2011, at 6:59 AM, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> We will NOT support clang as the compiler for lsof unless the system headers work the same way as gcc's do.

That apparently means you won't support clang then, because it's not intended to be (or ever going to be) fully bug-for-bug "compatible" with GCC.  In this case, at least, clang is reporting legitimate issues which should be fixed, even if folks continue to build lsof with GCC from now until the end of days.

To echo a word someone else just used, I'm baffled as to why you would hold such a position.

Regards,
--
-Chuck