Re: x.0 RELASE isn't for production.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 19:25:51 +0800
On 19 October 2011 15:42, Pavel Timofeev <timp87_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> =) Thats why we don't have much people in FreeBSD. FreeBSD for users? or
> developers?

> The big problem is that these conversations are not wanted everyone.
> Nobody cares. For example, Vadim Goncharov wrote big mail with description
> of various problems in FreeBSD (organozation|system|ports|etc). Big
> consersation and all forgotten. Nothing has changed and will not change.

Oh the conversations are wanted. People to build solutions to problems
are more wanted.

Some of what Vadim mentioned is being addressed (ports/package
infrastructure.) The other stuff is likely up for discussion post
9.0-RELEASE.

Remember - best way to help is to grab a problem and hack on it until
it's fixed. There's only so much that discussion, planning and more
discussion can do.
(Unless you're an AI researcher and can write systems to take
discussion/planning and output code. Then we'd all love to hear from
you.)

Adrian