Re: sys/conf/newvers.sh vs. subversion-1.7

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:23:53 -0700
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Doug Barton <dougb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> I didn't "disagree" with you. I pointed out that there is absolutely no
> reason to run 2 separate commands. To put it more bluntly, I pointed out
> why your suggestion is a bad idea.

Hmmm, sounds like a disagreement to me.
I have read your concerns, but I don't fully
understand why invoking "svn info ${SRCDIR}/sys",
ignoring the output of "svn info", and then just
checking its return status is a bad idea.
Using "svnversion" further down in the script
if "svn info" succeeds is all that I was recommending.

Anyways, I am fine with the patch which you propose.

The only possible issue could be in future,
if svn switches from using decimal revision numbers
to numbers which are in hexadecimal, base64, etc.

However, that is not currently the case, and if
it does happen in future, we can change the script
accordingly.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org